- No purchase or payment of any kind is necessary to enter or win this contest.
- Entries may be made through the contest link at www.nameonchicago.com only between February 14, 2018 and August 17, 2018 (by Midnight – C.D.T.). To be eligible for the draw, all fields on the entry form must be completed in full and you must agree to the contest rules by clicking on the “I accept” button. Name entries must be (i) no more than three words, (ii) available for trademark registration, (iii) non-offensive, and (iv) original work of the entrant and not previously published
- The odds of winning are dependent on the number of entries received. Any entries that are fraudulent or do not conform to or satisfy any condition of these contest rules will be declared invalid. Entries generated by script, macro or other automated means or by any means which subvert the entry process are void.
Who Can Enter
- The contest is open to legal residents of Illinois, eighteen (18) years of age and older. Any entrant under 18, whose entries were not submitted by parents/guardians, will require parental consent for participation in the contest. Parents must respond with consent within one week of notification or the entry will be disqualified. Employees of Sterling Soccer, LLC (“Company”), its parent, and each of their affiliates are not eligible to enter the contest or win a prize. Entrants may enter multiple times. Entries must be received by the contest end date August 17, 2018 (Midnight – C.D.T.).
- All entries received by August 17, 2018 (Midnight – C.D.T.) will be reviewed by a selection committee. In the case of duplicate submission of the winning name, the first (1st) entry received, based on the date and time of entry, will be declared the winner. The decision of the selection committee is final and binding on all entrants, in all matters relating to this contest.
Entrant, upon submission of his or her submission to the contest, irrevocably grants to Company, and each of its licensees, successors and assigns, the non-exclusive, perpetual, royalty-free, no-cost license and right to use and otherwise exploit the submission, and all images, text and materials included or depicted therein, in whole or in part, in any manner or medium now or hereafter known or devised, throughout the universe and in any and all languages, including, without limitation, the right to display, reproduce, recreate, record, perform, exhibit, distribute, copy, edit, change, modify, add to, subtract from, re-title and adapt the same, to combine it with other material and otherwise use and exploit it without having to give any compensation or attribution to entrant or any third party, except for the awarding of the prize to the winner in this contest. Entrants agree that during the entry period, they shall not make, and shall not permit, any other public use, display or distribution of their submission, and they shall maintain all rights without encumbrances so that, if Company desires, entrants can assign all rights in and to Company’ if selected as the winner. Company, and each of its successors, assigns and licensees, will have the right to make unlimited derivative works of submissions, to assign or transfer any or all of Company granted rights and to grant unlimited, multiple-level sublicenses. Without limiting the forgoing, Company will have the right to use the submissions submitted as part of the contest, and all images, text and materials included or depicted therein (if any), in any merchandising, advertising, marketing, promotion or for any other commercial or non-commercial purpose. Entrants hereby forever waive and relinquish all so-called “moral rights (droit moral)” now or hereafter recognized in connection with submissions submitted as part of the contest. Entrants acknowledge that as a condition of participating in the contest and/or being selected as the winner, Company may request that the entrant’s submission, and any rights therein, be assigned to Company and entrants may be required to confirm such assignment by completing any documents reasonably required by Company or such entrant will otherwise be disqualified from receiving his/her prize. Entrants must maintain the ability to assign all such rights to Company free of any limitations, restrictions or third-party obligations. Entrants agree that Company shall have the sole discretion in determining the extent and manner of use of submissions. Each entrant acknowledges that submissions are not being submitted in confidence or in trust to Company and that no confidential or fiduciary relationship is intended or created. Each entrant acknowledges that Company and other entrants may have created ideas and concepts contained in their submissions that may have familiarities or similarities to his/her own submission, and that he/she will not be entitled to any compensation or right to negotiate with the Company because of these familiarities or similarities or if the submission was generic or included generic elements. Notwithstanding any custom and practice in the industry to pay an individual for an idea (if any), nothing herein shall create an implied or express contract to compensate entrants for their submissions and there is no obligation for the Company to pay or otherwise compensate entrants for any of their ideas or materials in any communications with Company, whatsoever. Submissions are not confidential and the Company’s only obligations to entrants regarding submissions are as specifically set forth in these rules. Company reserves the right to request from entrant at any time proof that entrant maintains all necessary rights in their submission in order to grant Company the rights required herein in a form acceptable to Company. Failure to provide such proof may lead to, among other things, the entrant being disqualified from the contest.
- There is one (1) prize consisting of season tickets for one (1) season.
- The winner will be contacted at the email address included in their entry. In order to win the prize, the selected entrant must respond by email within 30 days from the time of prize notification. The prize must be accepted as awarded and has no cash equivalent. The winner will be required to sign a release and/or waiver of liability before accepting the prize.
- By entering this contest, all entrants consent to the collection, use and disclosure of their personal information by Company for the purpose of administering this contest, awarding the prize and all related activities. The contest winner consents to the use and disclosure of his/her name, city and photo in connection with the advertising, exhibiting, marketing and promotion in any manner with no further compensation or notice. Personal information submitted for contest purposes will not be sold, rented or marketed to any third party.
- This contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws. VOID where prohibited or restricted by law. Company reserves the right to terminate, suspend or amend this contest or modify the contest rules at any time without prior notice.
Disclaimer and Liability Exclusion
- Company and its parents, subsidiaries and affiliates, the suppliers of prizes or services related to the contest, and their respective advertising, promotion and production agencies and other agents or representatives will not, under any circumstances, be responsible for, or liable to any contest entrant or any other person for: any erroneous, lost, damaged, late, incomplete, misdirected, falsified, deleted, defective, or altered contest entries, regardless of the cause;
- any failure for any reason whatsoever of the selected entrant to receive a prize notification email;
- any changes in email addresses or email address assignments after contest entry forms are submitted;
- any computer, online, telephone, or technical malfunctions or errors that may occur, regardless of the cause; or
- any damage or loss, including any loss of use, loss of production, loss of profits (anticipated or otherwise), loss of markets, economic loss, special, indirect or consequential loss or damage or punitive damages, whether in contract, tort or under any other theory of law or equity, arising from, connected with, or relating to the contest or the submission of entries to the contest or participation in the contest or the contest prize, or the use of the nameonchicago.com website (including the downloading of any materials from that website) and regardless of the cause or any negligence by Company or anyone for whom Company is responsible, and notwithstanding that Company may have been advised of the possibility of such loss or damage being incurred.
- If for any reason the contest is not capable of being conducted as intended by Company, including due to computer viruses, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other cause that corrupts or interferes with the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the contest, Company may, at its sole discretion, disqualify any entrant responsible for such misconduct and cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the contest.
- Caution: any attempt to deliberately damage any website or interfere with the legitimate operation of the contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws, and Company reserves the right to seek damages and/or other relief from all responsible persons to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Return of any prize notification email as undeliverable may result in disqualification, and an alternate winner may be selected.
- Decisions of the selection committee with respect of any aspect of the contest are final and binding on all entrants
- Participation in the contest constitutes acceptance and agreement to these contest rules.
- Company reserves the right, at their option, to publish the winner's name, city, photograph, likeness, voice or statements without any further compensation to the winner.
- The contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and local laws and is void where prohibited by law. If any provision of these rules is found by any court of competent jurisdiction to be unenforceable, all other provisions will remain in full force and effect.